Authentic voices. Remarkable stories. AOL On Originals showcase the passions that make the world a more interesting place.
Connected features the personal stories of six New Yorkers woven together into one of the most intimate series ever. This groundbreaking show changes the nature of storytelling by giving each character a camera to document their lives. The result is a unique format revealing as different as everyone appears to be, we are all universally Connected.
Wake up to your world in 2 minutes.
Jews and Money. Asian Drivers. Polish IQ. CPT… that's racist! But where do these stereotypes come from? Comedian Mike Epps explores the backstories of this humor and how history and fact often distorts into a snide – but sometimes funny – shorthand.
"INSPIRED" features celebrities, visionaries and some of the biggest newsmakers of our generation, recounting the stories behind their biggest, life-changing moments of inspiration.
In a compelling series of verite encounters, Win Win provides unique access into the minds and lives of the world’s most-celebrated entrepreneurs and athletes.
Explore what it means to be human as we rush head first into the future through the eyes, creativity, and mind of Tiffany Shlain, acclaimed filmmaker and speaker, founder of The Webby Awards, mother, constant pusher of boundaries and one of Newsweek’s “women shaping the 21st Century.”
Nicole Richie brings her unfiltered sense of humor and unique perspective to life in a new series based on her irreverent twitter feed. The show follows the outspoken celebrity as she shares her perspective on style, parenting, relationships and her journey to adulthood.
Comedy is hard, but teaching comedy to children is hilariously difficult. Kevin Nealon is giving the challenge to some world-famous comedians. As these young minds meet with comedy’s best, get ready to learn some valuable comedy lessons, and to laugh!
James Franco loves movies. He loves watching them, acting in them, directing them, and even writing them. And now, he’s going to take some of his favorite movie scenes from the most famous films of all time, and re-imagine them in ways that only James can.
The story of punk rock singer Laura Jane Grace of Against Me! who came out as a woman in 2012, and other members of the trans community whose experiences are woefully underrepresented and misunderstood in the media.
Executive produced by Zoe Saldana (who will be the subject of one episode), a celebrity travels back to their hometown to pay tribute to the one person from their past (before they were famous) who helped change their life by giving them an over-the-top, heart-felt surprise.
Enter the graceful but competitive world of ballet through the eyes of executive producer, Sarah Jessica Parker. This behind-the-scenes docudrama reveals what it takes to perform on the ultimate stage, the New York City Ballet. Catch NYCB on stage at Lincoln Center.
Park Bench is a new kind of "talking show" straight from the mind of born and bred New Yorker and host, Steve Buscemi.
How have children been able to get away from their abductors?
Tags:Preventing Child Abductions - NCMEC Studies Part 2,monkey see,monkeysee,child abuse prevention,how to prevent child abductions,ncmec,preventing child abductions,stranger danger
Grab video code:
Host: How have children been able to get away from their abductors?
Nancy McBride: One of the most compelling parts of this study for us was learning how kids avoided abduction. This is the good news scenario. These are kids who got away, were not abducted. And what we found out is that 88% of these children either made a scene, created a stir, fought, resisted or walked or ran away. These were kids who took action to get away from their perpetrator. They didn't stand idly by. The actually got away. And in the other 12% of the cases, adult stepped forward to help the children.
Now, I would like to see is more adults, bystanders if you will, paying attention really seeing if they think the kid is in trouble and then helping that child out. So that's a percentage I would like to see rise. But kudos to these kids for knowing that the only way to avoid this abduction was to get out of it by any means available to them. If it's kicking, it's flailing, it's screaming, it's fighting, it's running, all of those things need to be done so that that child does not get in that vehicle, or so that that child is not abducted by that person. So I'd much rather know about attempted abduction where kids got away than be part of an abduction where unfortunately a child a taken.
So this is important information for parents or guardians to know and really spend time talking in their kids about, making sure their kids understand that that child needs to do whatever they can to avoid being abducted, avoid being put in that car.