Learn what takes to win a male Fitness Model Competition .
Tags:body poses,body proportion,Bodybuilding Competitions,physique and symmetry,watchmojo,fitness,fitness model competition guide
Grab video code:
Hi, welcome to watchmojo.com. I am Ashley, and today we are going to learn everything about male fitness modeling. Ever wanted to be a male fitness model? Well, if you are lean, fit, toned, athletic, symmetrical, and generally nice to look at, you'll want to try the male fitness model search. This category is helpful for men who wish to appear in magazines, competing fitness, or even just to gain exposure in this industry. The overall package is important, and not simply the contestant's look. It is important to achieve a good balance between your level of fitness, tone and leanness, versus your skeletal structure, body type and even personality.
For this reason, you will notice that not one body type outshines another in this competition. Symmetry and balance are very important. The upper versus lower body, front versus back and the ratio of chest to hips must all be cut in proportion to each other. The judges have a variety of criteria they will look at when they are viewing a contestant. The contestant's personality is significant. Confidence, charisma, a good attitude, as well as looking at ease on stage are all vital.
But of course, so are good muscle tone, posture, symmetry, attractiveness, marketability ,and even a contestant's outfit selection. There are two rounds in this competition. First is the swim wear round, which is worth 60% of the competition. Athletes are asked to select their own suit for this round. While choosing, they should think about colors, patterns, styles, cuts and fits that highlight their individuality, look and fit body. The second round, worth the remaining 40% is the theme wear round.
These outfits are meant to highlight individuality, and character our contestants. Anything from simple sportswear to interesting costumes is acceptable. Athletes can even use accessories, makeup and footwear to emphasize this theme.
Whatever competitors do, they must draw the attention of the judges, while being careful of not to go over the top, as this can lose points to the athlete. It is the competitor and not the outfit that is being judged. However, these costumes can add to the score by making a competitor memorable to the judges. When in a group, contestants will be asked to execute four quadra turns. Each competitor can choose which type of turn he performs. But he should also direct his turns to the judges, so they have a good view point.
Competitors are marked against each other, but individual points are given based on each competitor's walkout. Judged for their overall appearance as well as poise, confidence and outfit, contestants must be comfortable on stage.
Athletes should enjoy being in the spotlight and should let their personality shine through them.